Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

GF/CF Lemon Sugar Cookies

I was lucky enough to receive some fresh lemons from a friend's tree. Since it's almost Christmas time, sugar cookies are on my brain so here you go!

1 cup blanched almond flour
1 1/2 cup fine brown rice flour (if yours is course, run it through a food processor for 20 seconds or so)
1 cup cold Earth's Balance margarine
1 tbsp. fresh lemon zest
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan or guar gum
1 /2 cup powdered sugar (I use organic since it is processed with tapioca starch instead of corn)
1 egg

I know there is meant to be an order to mixing the ingredients...let's say I just throw it all in my stand mixer and give it a whirl...literally. I'm not an orderly kind of gal but my cookies always turn out yummy anyway :) So, mix it up and drop in spoonfuls on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with your palm. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or so, or until the edges get golden brown. I sprinkled mine with white sugar sprinkles to make them look like "snowballs". I'd frost these with vanilla buttercream frosting too but I'm out of powdered sugar ;)

Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment